ShareThis

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

WDYT ..? Ice Theaters 87th Street

I realize that some may not agree with this blog post. Especially the true entrepreneurs so I've decided to ask WDYT= What Do You Think..?

Ice Theaterat 87th west of the Dan Ryan expressway is truly the theater in the hood. There is no doubt about that.

Today I went there and as soon as I stepped inside with my ticket I see a beautiful vendor table with nice looking cheap aka cosmetic jewelry. You know the kind you take pictures in and never wear anywhere. They were displayed nicely starting at $25.00 going up to $40.00.

Yes, take that in for a moment. I went for a movie, paid for a ticket, had dinner prior to and now I need snacks so where exactly does this jewelry fit in the budget..? Is this a recession product..?

I know they are making money so that's why they are there but as a patron entering the theater for a movie I feel hassled.I don't see this vendor as being any different then a guy in the parking lot with his trunk up selling socks or turkey fryers at the "theater".

So yes, I fussed and bitched about that for a moment. The only justification I can think of for this is that it's only for the holidays. Don't get me wrong here. I don't have anything against anyone's hustle. If I needed to setup a table that surely would be a great place to do so.

The women just couldn't seem to resist touching, looking and trying on the jewelry. The jewelry they most likely didn't intend to buy because it's a theater not a mall.

As much as people complain about the prices at movie theaters I'm surprised they would add another expense. A guy taking out his girlfriend for an inexpensive movie has just gotten a $25.00 -$40.00 surcharge. Wow !! That should go over well. I mean how can he say no. It's the holidays, right..?

On the other hand a women with a "shopping addiction" looking to avoid buying things is in big trouble. She may just have to avoid the theater, the mall and settle for her home theater and netflix.

What do you think...?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Blog Widget by LinkWithin