ShareThis

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Business and politics

  Originally uploaded by shindoo2

Most of my life I've felt that there is too much politics in every thing. I don't know if that's because I live in Chicago or because I live in a very political world. For a while I told my self that I'd have nothing to do with politics but I'd most likely be more successful at walking backwards for the rest of my life. I now accept that being successful at either one of the aforementioned would be foolish. Politics is in everything and even if you are one of the few people that want to change that you most likely won't try to.This system was put in place a very long time ago and it has work for some and they will do whatever it takes to keep things as they are. The other day I was listening to a conversation between two older people about liquor licenses here in Chicago on the south side. It's the same type of conversation I've heard a dozen times before. You know the one in which two or more poor black people say "they don't want us to have nothing".


We must learn to use our eyes for vision and not only sight. We are missing the bigger picture. There may be some politics to obtaining and keeping a liquor license but that certainly has nothing to do with color. The only color that matters in business is green. Anywho, in regards to liquor licenses I trust that the state of Illinois is doing what needs to be done. Based on my observation we all need to learn more about the politics of our business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Blog Widget by LinkWithin