ShareThis

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Wordpress Plugin: Buddypress Media

Buddypress Media like most wordpress plugins are in continuous development. I have watched this plugin, grow and transform into a plugin I can almost compare to Gallery 2. Oh, how my heart has missed Gallery 2 with every key I've pressed on my keyboard. Ok, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic but you have to admit drama sells. 

Gallery 2 is one of the most powerful media galleries on the internet and the only gallery comparable is the coopermine gallery. Gallery 2 allows you to add photo, video's, mp3's and even flash files. So, when I decided to add some flash games (FLV files) to my members section it was a piece of cake. Gallery 2 also allowed you to add media direct from a location on your server and you could change the themes and even set the permission per user/groups. What was even better than all of that was it integrated into wordpress, phpnuke and phpbb magically. 

The one thing I don't like about Buddypress media is the fact that it is totally dependent on well, buddypress. It would be really cool if you could use it within any wordpress website with or without buddypress in the same way that you could use Gallery 2. I don't think that will ever happen but it would be nice.   

I support the continued development of Buddypress Media and that is way I am sharing this with you.  So go check it you.. here



~Affordable Youtube Video Advertising~ 

~Follow US on Twitter ~Like US on Facebook ~View US on Youtube~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Post

Blog Widget by LinkWithin